May 8th Meeting

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 11:31:26 CDT 2008

As many of you are aware, we could not get the projector working for
last month's meeting.  Somehow we could not get either of 2 notebook
computers to present anything but a bunch of bars on the screen.  It was
decided to buy a new projector for AMRAD.

Well, after a bunch of options from the web several of us went to
Microcenter to see what they might be able to offer.  After some
checking around, a projector was selected and purchased.

I took the projector to my lab and tried it with a bunch of different
notebooks and it worked flawlessly.  No nested menus or anything like
that to frustrate an outside speaker trying to make it work.  I Just
plugged in the video cable and it worked on each one.

Now we were about to meet the AMRAD challenge.  We had a guest speaker,
Tom, KI4AFE, who had come up all the way from Fredricksburg.  We had a
room full of members leaning forward expecting that the presentation
would work this time and not another month of disappointing problems.

Tom brought his oldest notebook running Windows 98.  This, indeed, was
to be the acid test.  We fired up the projector and the notebook sprang
to life.  Now to plug in the video cable.  <*poof*> and a perfect
picture appeared on the screen. Tom's presentation went flawlessly and
our new projector was up to the AMRAD challenge on its maiden voyage.

We are looking forward to many successful meetings with our new
projector.  Just for the record, it is a Toshiba TDP-T45.

Frank K0BRA