Format Test

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sun May 25 23:19:16 CDT 2008

I agree.  Of course not all mail programs understand all formats, but
HTML and rich text have become pretty standard regardless of operating
system or platform.

Some people do talk as though they have to download their mail over a
300 baud modem at $3 a minute toll.

73,
Joe, N6DGY
Pleasant Grove, UT

On May 25, 2008, at 9:56 PM, Alex Fraser wrote:

> I started on the net in 1990, a shell account, the old mail
> program.  I thought pine was a big deal.  I used to believe in
> limiting list emails to plain text.  Now I'm starting to wonder why
> we need to keep doing this.   Web pages are free because space is
> cheap and so is bandwidth.   Look what happened in the movie
> Plainville when that guy got kissed, wow, color everywhere.
>
> Robert E. Seastrom wrote:
>>
>> Ah, but you can get the web site for free.
>>
>> As for being inconsiderate, I'm completely the wrong person to be
>> offering any suggestions on how to improve that.  :)
>>
>>                                         ---rob
>>
>> andre kesteloot <andre.kesteloot at verizon.net> writes:
>>
>>> True, oh Rob, But
>>> a) we at AMRAD are not necessarily that considerate, and
>>> b) not everyone had access to a web site on which to place that jpg
>>> 73
>>> André
>>> most
>>> considerate to use plain text and put pictures on a web site
>>> somewhere
>>> and include URLs.
>>>
>>>                                         ---rob
>>>
>>> andre kesteloot [[<andre.kesteloot at verizon.net>]] writes:
>>>

>>>                     Joe,
>>> It looks good
>>> We also accept small photographs (jpg) and schematics, etc as
>>> attachments.
>>> 73