Some worth while radios on EBAY

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 08:01:11 CDT 2008

Guys,

If you remember, I don't charge for conversion if someone brings me a radio.
At the moment there are some good deals on EBAY now for this stuff.

(If I have to buy the stuff, then convert it, I don't feel at all bad about charging for it.)

Looks like today is the day for radios that will make a fine 2m conversion.
Try these auction links.

This is of the same type that I have on my work bench. There are some 'trunk mount' units of the same family avalable as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIDLAND-Marine-Mobile-Ham-Radio-VHF-146-174-w-mic-bkt_W0QQitemZ310058100365QQihZ021QQcategoryZ46539QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midland-70-1340B-vhf-mobile-radio_W0QQitemZ130231562734QQihZ003QQcategoryZ296QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one claims to have the 99 channel option, but it's a 'four button' that's handy for various scan lists.
On these I set up two scan lists.
One for local stuff, and the other for 'everything else'.
It's a system that works well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Midland-Model-70-1340B-VHF-Mobile-Radio_W0QQitemZ150259203582QQihZ005QQcategoryZ40056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is an under dash High Split Low Band (aka 6m) radio, 60 watt.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Midland-70-0355C-LMR-Land-Mobile-Radio-Transmitter_W0QQitemZ320263068893QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4674QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Seems to be a lot of good stuff out there.
Do try to avoid the 8 channel e prom programed mobiles.
I can't help you.

I have programing and tune up tools for these units.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Midland-Syntech-I-Mobile-Total-of-10-Radios-For-Sale_W0QQitemZ370059851985QQihZ024QQcategoryZ46539QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Plus a real good conversion for using Byonics APRS modules in them.
http://www.byonics.com/tinytrak/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90108848@N00/sets/72157604093886156/
This could make a real useful club project if we wanted to convert some or all of them.

At this point I have three of the 70-340B's (35 watt 2m sets) that Im thinking of converting.
We can do these as a batch and get some results.

This link is a model index. Might be of help.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/midland/midland-model-table.html

Keep it safe
Mike

"You are, what you do, when it counts"
The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?

You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.

But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?

If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking