IEEE:Invisibility cloak

Philip Miller Tate Philmt59 at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 14:02:46 CDT 2008

As somebody who worked in microlithography research for over a
decade, and as I point out to my students nowadays, the advances in
optics in the last thirty years are every bit as impressive as the
advances in electronics over the same period - they have just
received less publicity. Sub-micrometre optical lithography, powerful
semiconductor lasers, LCD screens of modern resolution and affordable
amateur telescopes able to resolve the space station structure were
all unthinkable a generation ago. DVDs? Blu-ray? All astonishing.
Kudos to science.

Phil M1GWZ