IEEE: The day analog TV dies...

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 4 20:28:20 CST 2008

Should AMRAD have some sort of special event on Feb 17 to mark its
passing?  I assume they will pull the big switch all across the country
on midnight, Feb 16.

Perhaps we should set our VCRs to record the cutoff as seen at that time.

Or how about a commemorative gathering at some sports bar where they use
off the air signals on their large screen TVs.  We could all get some
sort of appropriate adult beverage to toast each other as the signal
disappears.

Perhaps a gathering on the AMRAD repeater to reminisce while the signal
fades to black.

Frank K0BRA