Balloon launch in your area today...

Tom Azlin, N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Sun Dec 7 07:30:48 CST 2008

Yup, that is where it landed. Chute and balloon were about 60 ft up with
the payload hanging down another 20 ft. So was actually about 40 ft up.

Corky, AF4PM, tossed a line over the flight string so we were able to
drag it down leaving some scraps of the balloon up about 40 ft.

Property owner said no problem, just do not get shot! And loaned us a
bright orange cap. It was opening day of one of the deer hunting seasons
and that patch of woods had quite a few. They all left a short while
after our 4 car launch team crew arrived to join the 2 car recovery
team. Perhaps they decided we scared the deer away as we were being
quite noisy to not get shot. Our recovery team used the 12 milli-watt
70cm transmitter to get the final coordinates then did a visual search
along the side road.

Started snowing as were were leaving. Quite a day. And our 3 axis
accelerometer took about 625k samples during the flight.

73, Tom n4zpt