Local Charleston SDR hardware

Metavox LLC metavox at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 16 19:34:14 CST 2009

Tacoistas,

In addition to the attractive hardware there are two very attractive
things from the web site about the FPGA Logic Design.

First, there are only a small fraction of the available cells used.
This mean lots of room for growth in complexity.  That growth can be
used to increase the signal processing or perhaps a way to speed it up
through more parallel processing.

Second, "all FPGA code was implemented in Verilog and bit files were
created using the free versions of the Xilinx development tools".  This
means a cheap (as in free) way to learn how to program an FPGA to do
some useful things.  As a learning platform, this is attractive.

Is there any interest in several of us getting these things to play, er,
make that learn with?  I am game but I sure would like some help.  I
have never done an FPGA before but I recall a nice talk by Hal some time
back. With more of us in the pool, we can help work out the hard spots.

I will make may lab available, with tutoring, to do the surface mount
assembly of the front end.

Frank K0BRA