EFRATOM LPRO-101 Rubidium 10MHZ Frequency Standard

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Sun Apr 19 10:40:32 CDT 2009

I have an interest in older display technology such as Nixie tubes.
On the Neonixie Google group, there have been a few people that have
already built Nixie or Dekatron clocks around these surplus rubidium
standards.

Pretty neat to see a "World's Most Accurate Clock" using 40 year old
display technology.  To think I've always been satisfied with a WWVB
sync (DCF-77 in Europe) when I could have my own little atomic
oscillator.

Assuming I can attend Hamvention (very good prospect for a job in the
coming week), I should be on the lookout for one of these oscillators.

I wonder what the current new list price for a rubidium oscillator?
With the total saturation of wireless phone service, I imagine they're
relatively inexpensive now.

Joe, N6DGY