Littoral Combat Ship counter piracy mission

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed May 6 10:48:10 CDT 2009

"fgentges at mindspring.com" <fgentges at mindspring.com> writes:

> Tacoistas,
>
> As the piracy problems grow, the US Navy is bringing their Littoral
> Combat Ship prototypes into service.  If only they had been authorized
> to build additional ones.

This reminds me, with the approach of warm weather, it is time to
review the Littoral Leave policy that we have instituted at many of my
previous employers.

You are all no doubt familiar with Liberal Leave, which is invoked
when weather conditions make it advisable to take unscheduled leave
and stay at home rather than traveling to the office.

Littoral Leave, likewise, is invoked when weather conditions make it
advisable to take unscheduled leave.  Just like Liberal Leave, there
is no penalty for taking this unscheduled leave, but rather than
staying home, Littoral Leave is invoked for the purposes of
facilitating a trip to the beach.

I wish you all the best of luck in bringing this progressive leave
policy to the attention of your management, and hope that you too will
be able to have a Littoral Leave policy instituted at your
organization.

-r