AMRAD at Hamvention 2009

Bob Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sun May 10 15:30:59 CDT 2009

> I know it's a little late to be thinking
> of modding the software (or maybe not if
> you like living dangerously), but wouldn't
> a BOOTH NUMBER be a far superior way of
> entering one's location rather than looking
> it up on a grid?  Booth number to grid
> translation is low art.

Yes, that is an ideal application for APRStt.  Does anyone want to take a crack at the algorithm?  I think it would be very easy in the flea market, maybe only a few rules.  IN doors, it would take a lot of rules inside each pavilion.  But it can be done!  ANyone?

Once we finish APRStt, then it should eventually have this flixibility.  For marathons, it can be simply a table of 26 entries.  But for something like Hamvention, it wouild take several rules.

Bob, WB4APR