Charleston SDR PCB Buy

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 9 14:19:31 CDT 2009

tacoistas,

Do not miss Bill Fenn's, N4TS, talk on digital TV with some show and
tell demos at tonight's meeting.  He has been up close and personal with
the conversion of Channel 4 from analog to digital.

I will be at the meeting tonight and everyone can let me know if they
want PCBs for the Charleston SDR.

If you want one and cannot make the meeting, send me an email as I will
probably get the order off in the morning.  I don't have a hard quote
but it should be less than $50, hopefully half of that.

In addition, you will need to buy a Digilent NEXSYS 2 with either the
500k ($129.00 + shipping) or 1200k ($169.00 + shipping)gate option.

At the same time we are working on a quick start DVD that will have a
lot of what you will need to bring the receiver up and in a position to
start FPGA programming.

Other than the building the Charleston PCB and buying the Digilent
board, you should be able to download or use the quick start DVD for
what you will need.  We are also working on getting the tutorial on
Verilog programming on DVDs for anyone interested.

Of course, you may choose to buy some text books to learn all the scoop
on FPGAs.

Frank K0BRA