Working on a useful APRS project

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 12:19:22 CDT 2009

All,

Lee N6UDP turned me on to an inexpensive GPS puck sutable for APRS applications.
The pucks I have been using run about $70 each.
These start at $37 each.

With a simple connector change it can be pressed into service.
Did the connector change last night based on this sketch.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90108848@N00/sets/72157621651452727/

This is a track from this mornings trip into work.
As you can see KA2ZEV-7 works well.
http://aprs.fi/?call=ka2zev-7&mt=m&z=11&timerange=3600

See if you can spot any errors in the sketch.

When I convert a second one, there will be more photography.

Thanks in advance
Mike KA2ZEV

"You are, what you do, when it counts"
The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?

You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.

But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?

If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking