6M APRS trials this weekend

Michael Chisena ka2zev at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 12:30:27 CDT 2009

All,

In the last week there is renewed interest in the 6m APRS project.

Most likely frequency is
50.62MHz simplex no tone.

Other choices are
50.63
51.62
51.63

If you have one of my conversion radios, that is channel 2, 4, 12, and 14.
These are not part of the scan stack.

At this time there are two mobiles on the air.
Mine is KA2ZEV-6 that you may hear when in motion.
Scott's N3UJJ-6.

By the end of the weekend there may be a few more. I am delivering 6 radios Saturday AM if all goes well.

Some of Scott's team are planing on setting up an I Gate in Balto City this Sunday. Bruce is working on plans for base stations in Fairfax.

There are a lot of details that need to be worked out so this is far from the last word on the project.

If you can host a Digi or an IGate, contact Scott G and we will see what can be done.

More when I know more.
Mike in Herndon

"You are, what you do, when it counts"
The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?

You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.

But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?

If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking