6M APRS trials setup starts this weekend

Scott Gillis (N3UJJ) lists at n3ujj.com
Thu Aug 6 17:05:11 CDT 2009

Good Evening Everyone,

Mike (KA2ZEV) suggested I join this mailing list.

Mike (KA2ZEV), Bill (N3UKI), and myself (N3UJJ) are guilty ones for starting this project and are looking forward to seeing how 6-meters will do now that the analog TV channels are shutting down.

The more people that participate, the better.

Anyone that has a 6-meter mobile transceiver can easily get involved, all you need is a tracker and a GPS (and we even have a few loaners).

iGates are important to the project because they will report all data to the APRS-IS <http://www.aprs-is.net/Specification.aspx>  and will give us documented data and history for later analysis.

Bill (N3UKI) will be putting up a 6-meter iGate in Baltimore (N3UKI-50) on Sunday

I (N3UJJ) already have a 6-meter iGate operational in Annapolis (N3UJJ-50) (findu.com <http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=N3UJJ-50> ), (aprs.fi <http://aprs.fi/info/N3UJJ-50> ) (db0anf.de <http://www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusers-N3UJJ-50?sort=lastheard-d> )

Suggestions, comments, and volunteers are most welcome.

Anyone interested in participating in this project, please contact Mike, Bill or Myself.

Hopefully by Sunday evening we will have the following on the air (50.62):

N3UJJ-50 iGate (Xastir) for testing, then converted to Digi (UI-View) once proven (In Edgewater, Maryland)

N3UKI-50 iGate (Xastir) for testing, then converted to Digi (UI-View) once proven (In Owings Mills, Maryland)

N3UJJ-6 Mobile Tracker (OpenTrackerPlus) (Annapolis to Waldorf Daily)

N3UJJ-15 Mobile Tracker (OpenTrackerPlus) (Loaner Unit) (Annapolis to Balto daily)

N3UJJ-17 Mobile Tracker (OpenTrackerPlus) (Loaner Unit) (Annapolis to DC daily)

N3UKI-6 Mobile Tracker (TinyTrak3) (Balto Area)

N3UKI-7 Mobile Tracker (TinyTrak3) (Balto Area)(this one is a maybe)

KA2ZEV-6 Mobile Tracker (TinyTrak3) (Herndon Area)

Contact Info:

Scott Gillis (N3UJJ) N3UJJ at N3UJJ.COM

Mike Chisena (KA2ZEV) KA2ZEV at YAHOO.COM

Bill Shapiro (N3UKI) N3UKI at N3UKI.COM

Scott Gillis (N3UJJ)

 <http://www.n3ujj.com/hamshack.html> My HamShack

 <http://location.n3ujj.com/> My Current Location