Elderberry Prevents Swine Flu or Does It?

Frank Gentges metavox at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 21 09:17:30 CDT 2009

Tacoistas,

An article in Laboratory Equipment outright states that Elderberry
Prevents Swine Flu.  The article goes on to say that HerbalScience Group
LLC studied it and published in Phytochemestry, a peer review journal
published by Elsevier, a respected publisher.  If this is really true,
why have we not heard of it anywhere?  This should be really big news.

The article describes:

Central to the research was the use of a direct analysis in real time
time-of-flight mass spectrometer which is able to detect, identify with
high accuracy, and quantify the hundreds or thousands of individual
chemicals present in botanical extracts.

It looks like I should go get a bottle of elderberry extract just to be
safe.  On the other hand, is this just a marketing gimmick that is not
being seen as credible in the medical community.

There is no shortage of those selling elderberry juice and concentrate
in the herbal remedy business.  Pricing seems above that seen for many
other extracts.

See attached and following links.

http://www.laboratoryequipment.com/News-elderberry-seen-as-viral-blocker-091109.aspx#

http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/273/description#description