Low Frequency Transmitter, New in Crate

Joseph Bento joseph at kirtland.com
Mon Oct 12 17:37:36 CDT 2009

On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:43 PM, fgentges at mindspring.com wrote:

> tacoistas,
>
> Check out the brand new 500 watt LF transmitter on eBay.  See
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yju5myq
>
> One item missing is the motor generator set that generates the high
> voltage with 220 volts DC input.  Its kinda like a dynamoter but
> bigger.

I've often wondered just how much 'new in box' WWII equipment still
exists.  I bought a set of RCA big can sound powered phones some time
back, NIB.  The date on the label was from 1943.  I desecrated the
phones by removing the transmitter section, leaving the headset for
crystal set use.  Uncomfortable as heck, but they sure work well!

It would be fun to come across a stash of ARC-5s such as existed in
the surplus market before I was born.

What am I saying!  I've actually laid awake nights thinking of all the
crap I already have that I should sell or give away.  :-)

Joe, N6DGY