Low Frequency Transmitter, New in Crate

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 12 19:37:55 CDT 2009

Phil,

This is your lucky day.  You Brits get all the breaks.

With careful examination of the pictures you will see a pair of handles
going down each side of the front panel.  These handles qualify the
transmitter, for Navy purposes, as a portable radio. If it is good
enough for the Navy, it should be good enough for the airlines. You can
treat it as a carry-on portable radio.  The airlines only concern is
that you do not operate it during the flight as it might interfere with
the sensitive navigation equipment.

To better prepare you for your purchase and journey, go to the Official
Training Manual  at

http://www.hnsa.org/doc/radio-tx/index.htm.

This includes some procedure for maintaining the motor generator you
will need to build. If you can build a crystal set you can build this as
it is really simple.

Oh yes,  The kits were available from Fair Radio sales but the last ones
were sold some years ago.

Frank K0BRA