AMRAD Monthly Meetings

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Sun Oct 18 16:05:25 CDT 2009

Dear Tacoistas and Assorted AMRAD Technical Addicts:

We encountering some problems in scheduling our monthly technical
meetings, and would like to gather your opinion(s).

*_Here is the situation, in a nutshell: _ * for years now, we have been
holding our monthly technical meetings on the second Thursday of the
month at 7:30 p.m.
For many years we did so at the Vienna Public Library, then we moved to
the McLean Library. Unfortunately, that library meeting room will be
close indefinitely while they renovate the building.
Temporarily, Georges Lemaster, our VP,  was able to find a room at the
Oakton Library, where we will be meeting next month.

    The Oakton Library is at the corner of
    Lynnhaven Place & Hunter Mill Rd.
    1 short block from Rt. 123.
_    From Route 66 East Or West:_
    * Take Exit 60, Rt. 123, going north toward Oakton and Vienna.
    * Turn left onto Hunter Mill Road.
    * Turn left onto Lynnhaven Place.
_    From Reston And Dulles:_
    * Take the Reston Parkway (Rt. 602) South.
    * To the Dulles Toll Road (Rt. 267) East toward DC.
    * Take Exit 14 onto Hunter Mill Road, turn right to go South.
    * After approx. 0.3 miles, turn left to continue South on Hunter
Mill Rd.
    * After approx. 4.4 miles, turn right onto Lynnhaven Place.
      (8.35 miles from Reston Regional Library).
_    From Vienna:_
    * Take Rt. 123 South.
    * Turn right onto Hunter Mill Road.
    * Turn left onto Lynnhaven Place.
      (2.64 miles from Patrick Henry Community Library)
_    From Fairfax City:_
    * Take Rt. 123 North.
    * Turn left onto Hunter Mill Road.
    * Turn left onto Lynnhaven Place.
      (2.64 miles from Fairfax City Regional Library)

*_The problem_* is that most libraries nowadays close early on
Thursdays, and thus, someone from AMRAD must be able to reach the
library before 6 p.m. and secure the key to the meeting room.
Most of us work downtown, or further away, and our ability to reach the
Oakton Library before 6 p.m. is not evident (That, by the way, was
already the problem while we met at the McLean Library).

*_A possible solution:_* Most libraries are still open late on
Wednesdays. How would you like to move the meeting to Wednesday's
evenings at 7:30 p.. ?  Probably some of you may have church meetings
and such on Wednesdays, etc.

Please let us know on the reflector, asap, who would be inconvenienced
by a Wednesday meeting, and who would be agreeable to changing to
Wednesdays.

Thank you
Andree Kesteloot N4ICK