curious and curiouser...

Dan Romanchik KB6NU cwgeek at kb6nu.com
Thu Oct 29 06:49:28 CDT 2009

That's kind of amusing. It brings to mind several questions:

1. How do they test the device?  I would presume with some low-level
radiation source, but I'd wonder how that translates to operation
during a nuclear event, when supposed the levels would be much higher.
2. Is removing power from electronic devices actually going to protect
them?
3. If so, can power removed quickly enough to prevent damage.

73!

Dan KB6NU
CW Geek, ARRL MI Section Training Manager
Read my ham radio blog at http://www.kb6nu.com
LET'S REALLY MAKE THE ARRL THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR HAM RADIO