ARRL briefs BPL to FCC

fgentges at mindspring.com fgentges at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 4 09:22:52 CST 2009

tacoistas,

The ARRL leadership quietly made some important rounds with FCC
commissioners in November.  Key comment was that none of the
commissioners were now advocates for BPL as the third wire for consumer
access to the Internet.  This is very different than in the past.

I think the word about BPL's failure to prove itself has gotten to the
FCC.  AMRAD, in support of ARRL, in its small way contributed to the
body of knowledge about BPL based on science and not on politics. We
wondered if anyone out there was listening.

See http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2009/12/03/11230/?nc=1

Frank K0BRA