IRLG Inaguaral QSO Success

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 6 11:08:58 CST 2009

We had good success hooking up with the repeater 6Y5UR and QSOed with
Iain, KI4HLV/6Y5.  Sandy brought his cossband radio so we sat inside
using 440 Mhz and were relayed by his radio in his Jeep on 2 meters to
the AMRAD repeater W4CIA.  From there the Internet was linked by an IRLG
radio at my QTH.

In a similar fashion, Iain was linked by an IRLG link at his apartment
to the local repeater.

It all went well.  Several made a contact including Maitland, Sandy,
Zach, Sam and myself.

We are looking forward to linking up with other repeaters during our
Saturday tacos as well as other times.  I know Terry in Charleston and
Joe in Salt Lake City are looking forward to joining us.

Frank K0BRA