SDR-14 vs SDR-IQ

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 17 19:55:55 CST 2010

Those of us with the SDR-IQ can look at a second unit with the same or
better A/D and a bank of very fast (15 nsec) static memory that can
capture a full frame of data and then download it via USB, PCI or other
fast transfer to a PC or FPGA to generate a full width spectrum.  A very
simple and cheap board if we can only master the verilog for the FPGA.

You can harvest those cache rams out of your old 486 computers for the
fast static rams. (Hey kids, its dumpster diving time.)

In the end we have separate SDRs.

Now back to our verilog class.

Frank K0BRA