Gas Pedals are Complicated

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 29 09:24:06 CST 2010

"No, no and no.  Brakes are one of the few things that I refuse to delegate to computers."

 I couldn't agree more. In fact I still miss the simplicity of my first car, a 1949 two door Ford club coupe. Manual only steering and brakes but very easy to work on. Also, it had the smoothest running quietest engine I've ever had. When idling, the only way I could be sure the engine was running was to listen for the 'in block' valves opening and closing - or just rev the engine. With few amenities (only a heater) it was built like a tank and just as fuel efficient but it always got me there at $0.18/gal for gas. Ahhh, the good old days!

Richard