[digitalradio] A closer look at ROS]]

Tom Azlin N4ZPT n4zpt at cox.net
Mon Feb 22 16:54:03 CST 2010

Thanks Mike.

I would slightly modify your words to say that SS is when you make the
final signal many times the width of the original data signal. So a 100
bps data signal might be spread 30 times  with a pseudo random sequence
and either directly spread or frequency hopped to be 3,000 hertz wide
thus picking up 10 dB spreading gain. Or might have enough error
correction added to be 30000 hertz wide. Which might actually be better
than 10 dB decoding gain.

Or is there no free lunch.

73, Tom 4zpt