[digitalradio] A closer look at ROS]]

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Mon Feb 22 20:35:15 CST 2010

Tom,

Essentially,  our (AMRAD) first experiments were in Frequency Hopping
mode,and we were hopping all over most of the 2 meter band (using
modified ICOM hand-helds with extra wires all over. :-)

As long as we did not dwell too long on the input  frequency of the
various repeaters, we did not create (too much) havoc.

Then I started Direct Sequence SS on the 70cm band (see the ARRL SS
Source book) and there was no detectable interference at all on that
band.

My experiments were eventually duplicated by James G1PVZ, under the
watchful eyes of the British Authorities, also without interference,
as I recall.

All the details of what we were authorized to do, as well as what we
actually did do, is detailed in the ARRL SS Sourcebook

Hope this helps,

73
André