Waver for Robotics to use the ham bands

Patrick Gray patgperiod at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 10:04:22 CST 2010

Mike,

I fully concur. This feeling of "win some - lose some" means you will lose
every time.

     After having dealt with the "Mike and Kevin show" at the FCC
commissioner level AKA "Dumb and Dumber" we (ARRL) should have understood
the value of radio spectrum and formed a real PAC to protect Ham Radio
interests. The FCC is mostly lawyer-centric anymore.

    The NRA realized this 25 years ago, having played "on the level" in the
present political landscape will 'eat you alive'.  I'll bet if Barry K7UGA
Goldwater were still around, the FCC would have thought much longer and
harder about this decision. The ARRL was receiving a lot of benefit from
K7UGA's prominence in the senate. Had the NRA not gone this route, we would
be having to license ownership of slingshots by now.

Cheers,

Pat KF4MTV