iPhone Apps: Roll your Own ?

wb4jfi wb4jfi at knology.net
Tue Mar 9 10:57:29 CST 2010

Unless something has changed, creating the app was not the big issue.  I
downloaded their dev environment a year ago, and it seemed OK.  But,
they require that all app distro be through iTunes and the iStore.  It
costs $200 to sign up for that, per person/organization.  And, you can't
even try your app on a real iphone until you go through that.  You can
possibly piggyback with another willing organization, but good luck
finding one.

I like my iPhone, but I gave up the idea of creating anything for it.
Apple and their closed system/minds....
Terry