Toyotas and neutrons

John Teller jsteller at spottydog.us
Tue Mar 23 22:27:40 CDT 2010

Writing as much code as I have for satellite systems, most of which had
to live without radiation hardened and/or EDAC memory, I just got used
to not trusting that stuff I had written to memory wouldn't stay that way.

It's served me in good stead while working with some X parts we recently
obtained from a supplier that came with an undisclosed read/write
problem.  The first batch of production ready parts do not have this
problem.  I was able to deal with the glitch-prone X parts effectively
enough to provide our beta customers with products they could start
testing with.  We're not planning on removing that code for the fixed parts!

---JST