Hamfest in Timonium?

metavox at earthlink.net metavox at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 27 20:42:36 CDT 2010

Mike,

Several of us came up and manned a booth at the Timonium hamfest.  We
are talking to a lot of folks about the Charleston receiver project and
getting them signed up for AMRAD membership.

Meantime, I have gotten around to the tailgate areas and the Cow Palace
to look around and to buy some key parts.  There is lots of stuff out
there but the hamfest is not as large and plentiful as is once was.  It
is still worth the trip from Northern Virginia.  The weather was nice
today so lots of folks got out and came over even though they were not hams.

It has always been two different hamfests.  The one on Saturday is more
focused on computers and high tech and runs at a pitched pace.  The one
on Sunday is laid back and more focused on ham gear and stuff.

And of course, AMRAD members come to the booth and spend some time
talking to each other and other people and getting renewals and new
member ships.  We try to keep chairs available so you can rest your feet
although the pace today kept the chairs busy and occupied.

Frank  K0BRA