Geiger kit and tubes at electronic goldmine

Brian Hawes hawes at herald.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 2 14:17:00 CDT 2010

I'm more concerned about Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse. If you have only one or two weapons, a high altitude burst is much better value. Better to disable most of Europe's electronic infrastructure than destroy one City.
It  would, of course, get the offender turned, as one of you guys put it, 'into a sheet of glass' but does deterrence work on these smaller nations?

I do keep a Scintillation Counter here but that's mostly to show people that sitting next to a WWII cockpit instrument was a risky business.

Brian G2KQ