Philips: a 60 watt LED bulb

Karl W4KRL W4KRL at arrl.net
Thu Apr 15 09:06:41 CDT 2010

Bob,

I have three fixtures that each use three 40W candelabra-base flame shaped
bulbs. The CFLs still cost $4 each and have a high infant mortality. I keep
the blister packs and receipts and take them back to Wal-Mart when they
fail. (I've returned Philips bulbs in Sylvania packs - no one noticed!) Like
you say, once they get past the early burnout they last OK. But you have to
wonder if there is any net advantage to the environment.

Karl