UK no-fly zone

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sat Apr 17 10:55:50 CDT 2010

when they tore down the engines of planes that flew into
the Mt St Helens ash cloud, the mechanics said they
looked like they'd been sandblasted. tungsten-nitride
coated titanium? simply chewed-up.

we are getting a demonstration of "single point of failure"
in the transportation space. the interesting question will
be how people respond to it, other than just have a tantrum
about how it simply has to get better, of course.

the video-conferencing system and service providers will
likely benefit.

and maybe now they'll get serious about the rail tube across
the Atlantic!

	http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/engineering/transatlantictunnel/interactive/interactive.html

	-mo

--
"Of course it's hard!
If it was easy, we'd be buying it from somebody else!"