AMRAD at Field Day

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 24 21:28:53 CDT 2010

Glenn and AMRAD,

We will be setting up with LARG.  Directions are on the LARG web site at

http://www.k4lrg.org/Field_Day/2010/index.html

One and all AMRAD members are encouraged to come out and see a *serious* field day operation.  We are looking for operators for out VHF/UHF and Satellite stations.  Here is your chance to operate in a station without the madhouse of an HF station with many QSOs per hour.  We work everything out there in an hour or so and then we tune and CQ for the rest of the period, picking up some QSOs as they show up.

We will have a satellite station and keeping track of the schedules of passes and working madly during a pass.  In between, we will sit back, talk about ham radio and whatever until the next pass.

Bill, N4TS and I administered mouth to feed-line resuscitation to your old 6 meter  beam but were unable to bring it up.  After our initial email, we do have a couple of options so it looks like the problem of having a 6 meter beam is solved.  If we get an opening, we may be able to join our HF brethren in madhouse QSOs, at least for awhile.

Frank
K0BRA