Remarkable Space Station Sky Show

Philip Miller Tate Philmt59 at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 18:51:43 CDT 2010

Dear Richard

Thanks for the Heads-Up on this. I have never seen the ISS at its
present brightness of magnitude -4.0, and, having had a hot, sunny
day and a hazy-but-clear sky after dark, Caroline and I went out into
the garden fifteen minutes ago to watch the show. (AMRADers with
iPhones, if you haven't yet purchased the Spaceweather.com "Flyby"
app, do so.)

Not only were we treated to the amazingly bright white spot of the
ISS serenely drifting overhead, but, just after it reached its
zenith, its orbit was briefly crossed by the biggest and brightest
meteor that I have ever seen - and I did a lot of meteor watching
when I was a kid. A bright orange fireball with a long sparkling tail
- amazing.

So, once again, thanks!

Regards,

Phil M1GWZ