very interesting circuit ideas.....

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Sun Jul 11 10:01:55 CDT 2010

if you'd like to see some very interesting receiver circuits,
check out

http://t03dsp.skydan.in.ua//

and

http://neon.skydan.in.ua/PA.php

several of the ideas could be germane to SDR projects.

there are some topologies there that i've never seen in
"western" radio schematics. the BandPassFilter modules
are particularly interesting. i can't remember ever having
seen a filter like those.

the grounded-grid high-power JFET pre-amp circuit is
particularly curious, at least to me.

the chops and dedication of the home-brewers there is
quite remarkable. check out the modular assemblies built
entirely from PCB material.

just as an aside, over the years, i've hand the opportunity to
see some russian/soviet technology and i've always been surprised
by the novelty (to my eyes) of some part of it. it's refreshing
to get a very different view of "usual practice" which looks
nothing like you are used to seeing.

	-mo

--
"Of course it's hard!
If it was easy, we'd just buy it from somebody else!"