NRO

Frank Gentges fgentges at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 13 09:20:47 CDT 2010

Tom,

I have a Canon FT, SLR, which uses the type 625 mercury battery.  I
found one seller that has a zinc-air battery that has very similar
voltage but.....

The zinc-air is activated by pulling a little piece of tape off the cell
that lets air in to start the chemistry.  I do not think the cell lasts
very long once activated.

Batteries Plus is selling a Duracell photo battery type PX625ABPK which
lists as fitting Canon cameras.

Rob found a site selling a type PR44 cell with a machined adapter to fit
where the 625 used to fit.  I kinda like this as it solves the problem
forever more.

I am going by my favorite battery store, Walmart, and see what they have.

So many choices......

Frank K0BRA