Researchers crack quantum crypto

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Sep 3 13:40:36 CDT 2010

it is interesting to contemplate what the world would look like
if it turns out that it is simply impossible to "protect information"
in the manner implied in Andre's comment. say we woke up one morning
and discovered that factoring, the discrete logarithm, and similar
things were not as hard as they are assumed to be at the moment,
and that differential cryptanalysis could have its way with known
unclassified algorithms.  what would the world look like?

	-mo

--
"Of course it's hard!
If it was easy, we'd just buy it from somebody else!"