radio astronomy books

Metavox metavox at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 7 20:01:16 CDT 2010

Tom,

Both look interesting.  Thanks for making them available.   I like the early stuff because it will not make assumptions that the reader knows the early stuff and does not need it repeated.  I for one, do not.

I like the serendipitous book as it holds out hope that hapless experimenters with some modicum of skill can accomplish something useful and maybe even a discovery.  Otherwise, why keep on trying out such things as we all do.

Finally, I ordered up a used copy of Kraus on Radio  Astronomy as I thing it may help in understanding the "early" stuff. I already have his book on Antennas and his book on Electromagnetics so now I will have all three.   I will be glad to pass them around as we try to figure out some of this stuff.  I also have several additional antenna books that may add to the information.

Frank K0BRA