HacDC High Altitude Balloon launch November 6

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Mon Oct 25 10:41:36 CDT 2010

The WhereAVR is a slick design.  Unlike similar vintage Byonics units
it can receive too (resistor ladder zero-crossing detector).  Is there
a wiki page for your derivative?  I've often thought that a bigger
chip than the ATMega8 and a software serial port would permit a real
user interface for configuration, rather than relying on the
"recompile it" approach that the WhereAVR has.

Can you forward details to me or the list of where the launch will be,
and coordination/talk-in frequencies?  I might be able to make it and
might not; it depends on how my night the evening before goes.
Repeater coverage out there depends on where you're planning to launch
from - 147.300 covers Winchester OK and probably down to Edinburg, but
not so great up north particularly with HTs.

-r