Group Build at the Mason Dixon Hamfest

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Mon Oct 25 16:44:09 CDT 2010

On Oct 25, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Frank Gentges wrote:

> In addition to assembling the boards, we had the Quisk HF radio software up and running as a demonstration that also caught peoples attention.  We are now getting a version of Ubuntu that can be run that includes the files for Quisk and the Charleston receiver.  We should be able to distribute DVD disks that will bring up Charleston/Quisk/Ubuntu on a computer either as a live load or as a hard drive install.  AMRAD member Rob Bowers has been working on this and a big tip of the AMRAD hat to Rob.   Stay tuned.

What would be slick is if this could be also available as a VMware virtual machine image of an installation of Quisk on an Ubuntu operating system.  For those that don't run Linux on their desktop, it would be an easy way to use the software.  There's a free VMware Player <http://www.vmware.com/products/player/> that could be used on Linux and Windows to run VMware appliance images.

louie
WA3YMH