Group Build at the Mason Dixon Hamfest

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Tue Oct 26 11:30:40 CDT 2010

I have to second this. I have used both VMware Fusion and Parallels 6 for purposes of running a DVB-S2 receiver under MS Windows and right now I think the Parallels people have the fastest hypervisor out there for the Mac. There's also a free upgrade from 5 to 6 if you bought v5 in the latter part of this year.

The bitrates for DVB-S2 HD video are non-trivial and it pretty much just works.

I'm not entirely enthralled with their MacFUSE-based file system access layer, but for running USB devices it's surprisingly fast.

--Bob S.