New ADC from Analog Devices

wb4jfi wb4jfi at knology.net
Tue Oct 26 23:28:25 CDT 2010

There's been some discussion over on the openHPSDR group about this for
the last few days.  It looks very interesting, I hope the price does
come down some, once it gets used in designs.  I see that they will also
have an eval board, $300 in 100-qty.  It would be really fun to get an
eval board, and play with this puppy!  I hope that actual prices are not
much more than the 100-qty, but they are usually at least twice as much
for single units.

Using an Si570 (LVDS version) for the clock, or possibly the recommended
ADC part, plus the recommended ADC front-end chip would be nice, I hope
one or both parts are on the eval board.

Playing with one of these, followed by either an FPGA board, or
Beagle/devkit8000, etc could be a huge leap forward.

Thanks Mike.
terry
WB4JFI