AM Radio Station Musical Chairs

bbruhns at erols.com bbruhns at erols.com
Sun Dec 5 22:28:55 CST 2010

In November, WTNT 730 just went away in my office in Fairfax at 5PM, but now in December it is still audible all evening.  I was going to ask if they got a higher nighttime power approval, but I checked, and the FCC filing still says 25 watts.  There is a somewhat higher 6AM to sunrise power level, but this is like 8 PM. Maybe my local interference level dropped.

Except for the high power locals and the clear channel monsters, AM is horrible at night because of the skip.  I can't believe they make any money broadcasting into that fluttery graveyard.  But for whatever reason, now WTNT comes in reasonably well in the evening hours.

  Bob, WA3WDR