Real radio :-)

Andre Kesteloot andre.kesteloot at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 20:39:15 CST 2010

Gerald,
Thanks for your input.
Incidentally, for the benefit of AMRAD readers, here is a picture of the
beast.

http://www.desyatnik.com/restoration/torn_eb_45_restoration.php

The US Navy, as you probably know, had also developed a
supper-regenerative receiver but fearing leakage from the RF stage,
decided to go for a totally RF tuned, multistage receive.
For a while, I owned the next iteration of that US Navy receiver.
It weighed about a ton, and one day, moving it from one room to another,
i almost dropped it on my dog !
The picture above certainly shows German technology at its best
73
André  N4ICK