Test for IPV6

Mike O'Dell mo at ccr.org
Fri Jan 14 03:48:52 CST 2011

I betcha the output from the last FORTRAN program is carried by IPv4

I don't understand this "test" - back when NCP gave way to TCP,
almost 30 years ago, there was such a test, but that was because
there was only one network run by The Great and All-Powerful Oz.
He hasn't been around for, oh, 30 years!

You should be able to tunnel v6 though v4 over FIOS just fine.

If you mean v6-native, I have *no* intention of helping
debug that deployment horror-show. I did my time back then when
my IMP at LBL, IMP-34, was the first to move to MILNET which
was TCP-only, and LBL-CSAM (VAX-11/780) was running
4.1a,b,&c BSD in quick succession.

In fact, because LBL had one of the first class-B addresses ever
assigned, I personally hacked address classes into the 4.1a kernel.

If we'd just been smart enough to expand the address to 64 bits back
then before "mass deployment", we'd be in a very different place now.
But nope - they were clever enough to invent address classes,
but not smart enough to take the hint and NOT do that.

So that's my version of tuning the alcohol drip into the spark gap.

     Entering FINWAIT2,
      - mo

Sent from my iPad