Mobile DTV on the cheap

Chip Fetrow chip at fetrow.org
Sat Jan 15 18:42:07 CST 2011

Terry:

I am well aware.

It was tong in cheek, though I admit that is hard to convey in e-mail.

I wonder about the power costs as well.  One of the "Selling Points"
of DTV was that with the lower power needed as a result of "digital
gain," power bills would go down.

Of course, everyone has applied for more power, and more power, and
more power.

I still saw my last OTA TV when NTSC went away.  I cannot receive any
ATSC signals, and I am not quite as far out as Dulles Airport.

--chip