A question for the assembled windup...

wb5mmb wb5mmb at pobox.com
Wed Jan 19 20:37:25 CST 2011

Looks like your message got stuck in the mailing list machine until
today. But incase you have not fixed it yet.
Mike, swap the radios, including any ground connections that are not
on the power connector.If the whine stays with the radio you have a
bad filter cap. If it changes radios redo all the power and ground
connections even if they look good.
  I owned a boat about 35 years . It had a 2m rig on it. It was a bit
smaller than yours but the hole in the water still took a nice hunk
of my pay check. Good luck.
      Sandy
      WB5MMB