Nuclear Detonation

Richard O'Neill richardoneill at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 21 11:17:38 CST 2011

  Decades ago I saw a picture of the expanding plasma from a tower
mounted nuclear detonation. In addition to the then amazing ability to
capture such an image I was curious about the dimples, clearly visible
in the expanding ball of plasma. I've long wondered about their cause,
assuming them to be an artifact of the placement/ timing of explosive
charges surrounding the core, used to initiate the reaction. Anyone know
more?

Richard
(and no Home Land Security - if you're listening, I don't want to build
one) ;-)