Fishing debris in space

Chip Fetrow tacos at fetrow.org
Sun Feb 6 22:15:53 CST 2011

Even as the ISS has been scaled back, it is HUGE compared to MIR.

Also, Mir was something that wouldn't break apart easily when de-
orbited.  Try to keep all of those couplings together when lighting up
thrusters on the ISS.

Frankly, (while they may have some ideas) I don't know how they will
de-orbit it, and I admit I haven't researched it in any big way, but
my guess is they would have to break it apart and de-orbit it in
sections.

--chip