self building networks

Robert Stratton bob at stratton.net
Wed Feb 9 15:30:09 CST 2011

I'm not sure that's necessarily still the case. I looked at a lot of mesh networking approaches at one point and it was continually improving in the enterprise case. There are still hard challenges when it comes to route convergence/delivery and hidden transmitters but there are some systems on the market that can move some bits. In one sense, the mesh part can be another application over a variety of transport flavors.

Market-wise, there are some challenges, which is why the few notable commercial ventures have been for specific vertical market applications, like video sharing from police cars, etc.

--Bob